Can your Au Pair travel internationally while they are in service?

The US Department of State has specific regulations which define the travel allowed by an Au Pair once he or she enters the United States and begins service to a Host Family.

During the first 12 months of the Au Pair program, Au Pairs are free to travel internationally. However, it is his or her responsibility to ensure the appropriate visa for the country he or she is visiting. Certain steps must be taken to ensure successful international travel and we require contact with our Local Area Representative and Go Au Pair prior to a trip.

During an extension period, which could be 6, 9 or 12 months, Au Pairs may not travel internationally.

During the 30-day grace period at the end of an Au Pair’s Visa, if he or she travels outside the US, re-entry may not be possible, so Go Au Pair recommends Au Pairs taking advantage of the 30-day grace period travel within the US.

Go Au Pair currently has over 300 Au Pairs available and you can review their profiles for free. View Available Au Pairs by visiting

My name is Joan Lowell and I am the Go Au Pair LAR (Local Area Representative) for the Providence and surrounding area. Please contact me via email at or by phone at 401-309-1925 for more information about Au Pair childcare.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s